• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSH: Beautifully Toned 1966 SMS Set- SOLD!!

2 posts in this topic

This is a fantastically toned 1966 SMS Set. All coins have a nice, golden base tone. Upon further inspection, the Kennedy Half has subtle purple and blue hues around the rim of the Obverse and Reverse when tilted and rotated. The Washington Quarter has a light purple color on the Obverse and the hues are more predominant on the Reverse with purples and blues that pop in the light. The Roosevelt Dime has a slight, light purple tone across Roosevelt's bust when tilted through the light. The Reverse has light toning along the rim and in the upper portion of the torch. The Lincoln Cent is Red with a light crescent tone on the upper rims of both the Obverse and the Reverse, best viewed when tilted in the light.

The Jefferson Nickel is the stunner in this set! Fantastic blues and purple/magenta that radiates from the bottom rim up and through Jefferson's bust. The Reverse colors are more noticeable as they extend and contrast through Monticello.

This is a gorgeous set of coins, ideal for all those who are seeking nicely toned SMS coins. These coins are much nicer in hand. My photography skills with toned coins are severely lacking right now. Please PM me with offers. I will also consider trades for BU/Gem raw Morgan Dollars or certified Morgans.

1966SMSSetFullObv_zps2c93e972.jpg

1966SMSSetFullRev_zps51b04522.jpg