• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

some new images

7 posts in this topic

I recently discovered how to extract my images from the PCGS web site (d'oh!), so I'm showing off these newly discovered (by me!) images of some coins I got not too long ago.

This one is a Innocent XI Papal States Testone, dated 1684, and graded MS66. Its eye appeal is out of this world, as one would expect from its grade.

1684%20Papal%20States%20Testone%20KM-449.jpg

This one is a 1789 Francescone (10 Paoli) from Tuscany, Dav-1518, and graded MS64+. It is denoted "ETR" variety on the insert, but to be honest I do not really know why that is significant.

The obverse is of Leopold II, and was Holy Roman Emperor and King of Hungary and Bohemia from 1790 to 1792, Archduke of Austria and Grand Duke of Tuscany from 1765 to 1790. He was a son of Emperor Francis I and his wife, Empress Maria Theresa.

1789%20Tuscany%20Dav-1518.jpg

It is a duplicate, of sorts, to my 1787 piece:

1787 Tuscany Dav-1518 (PCGS).jpg

I've compared these two coins at length, and cannot see what is the "ETR" significance. Anyone?

And, my final image, is of a coin I got from NEN last year that was in an NGC holder and crossed recently at first try.

1789 Tallero from Venice, Dav-1575, and grade MS64. It's a terrific coin, and the haymarks are much less visible in hand. Great luster.

The obverse is of Ludovico Manin the final Doge of Venice, elected in 1789 and forced to abdicate by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1797.

1789%20Venice%20Dav-1575.jpg

I recently discovered how to extract my images from the PCGS web site (d'oh!), so I'm showing off these newly discovered (by me!) images of some coins I got not too long ago.

This one is a Innocent XI Papal States Testone, dated 1684, and graded MS66. Its eye appeal is out of this world, as one would expect from its grade.

1684%20Papal%20States%20Testone%20KM-449.jpg

The two "sides" of the 1684 Papal piece look curiously similar to one another? hm

Yeah, it looks like PCGS stitched two obverse images together. :(

Anyway, you can look in the catalog for its reverse; it's the same in luster and color to the obverse.

EVP

Yeah, it looks like PCGS stitched two obverse images together. :(

EVP

I'd say it was "user error".

teston-small.jpg

With a grade like MS66, I knew the other side was just as sexy -- I just had to prod you guys a little to show it! :)

All phenomenal pieces, and thanks for posting the "other side of the coin" Greg.

-Brandon