• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1982 Lincoln Memorial

5 posts in this topic

I have been going through some pennies and I came across a whole bunch of 1982 pennies. I'd say about 200+...

[font:Comic Sans MS]I'd say that 125+ weighed 3.1+ grams and the rest weigh about 2.55 grams. Of those that weigh 2.55, I found 5 that have small dates and they are the only 2.55g variety that have a mintmark of "D". They have a nice copper shine. The rest of the 2.55g pennies have no mint mark, half of them have a nice copper shine while the other are a dull brownish.

In the 3.1g bunch I have the opposite situation where it appears most of them are mint marked "D" and they all seem to have the large date, then the very few (6 maybe 7) that appear to contain the smaller date, have no mint mark. Again, half these coins are a shiny copper, the other half brown. And the small date 3.1g's are mixed bronzey color and brown. [/font]

DOES THAT SOUND RIGHT?

My question is... should I take the few tops of each and send em for grading? Or should I just put a few groups together and try ebay? I'd say in the small dates I have 2 ea. of the zinc, and copper that would grade 62/63

So, that'd be 4 coins or about $52 plus shipping to grade... worth it? Would someone take the lot you think? Any help would be appreciated. Just don't understand errors... I see different prices/estimates everywhere. Or if it's junk and I wasted 3 hours, say so.... lol Thanks in advance

There was a post earlier explaining these, can't find it tho'. These are common for the 1982's. there are some with different compositions and large and small dates. There are a total of 7 different kinds.

I'd suggest checking on eBay for completed sales to see if there's much demand for these coins.

I can't imagine there's any demand for low-grade MS 1982 Lincolns in slabs, though.

As mentioned the 1982 comes in 7 different types, unless you have MS66 or better then slabbing would not be worth the fees, best to figure out which ones you have and sell on ebay raw.

I'd suggest checking on eBay for completed sales to see if there's much demand for these coins.

I can't imagine there's any demand for low-grade MS 1982 Lincolns in slabs, though.

ill agree with that as well. jmo