• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE JEFFERSON SPEARED BISON! posted by Jim Berline

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

A 'Speared Bison' Denver Nickel Found in Texas!

This created quite a Craze back then. This isn't considered a variety at all, but it is a great die gouge of modern find. Pcgs still calls it a Speared Bison, where Ngc only recognized this as a die gouge, nonetheless- It's still important enough to be worthy of attention in the Jefferson Series.

How many may still be out there in rolls? Future Price Values? Will this Die'flawed Bison still grab the attention of new collectors coming into the market? I'm sure this has been on the mind of many collectors out there. As with all US Coinage, only time will tell.

I'm content with this one, it's a low mintstate, but still shows the spear' and I got it at a reasonable cost. The photos are here for your enjoyment...

--------------------------------------------------

13454.jpg

See more journals by Jim Berline

Ok here is where I show my ignorance, or lack of knowledge of the 2005 bison nickel. but I can not see a spear unless its the missing fur midway in the bison's body? Can someone please fill me in as I have a lot of raw coins to go through.

Thanks and Happy collecting and may God Bless.... Mike