• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ADVICE PLEASE posted by Eagles-R-it

7 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

SAFE HOLDER STORAGE PRODUCTS

Does anyone have knowledge or experience with Intercept Shield or Coinarmour products?

I have a few of the Intercept Shield baseball card boxes, mainly because the slab boxes are no more, and they work great for the slabs.

I am looking at Coinarmour, anyone know about them experience wise? Or are there other products out there that I am missing looking at?

See more journals by Eagles-R-it

This is the first I've heard of Coin Armour, but I checked out their website and I'm a bit intrigued. One of my major numismatic pursuits are the World War II coins of Germany, Poland and the Netherlands and most of these are zinc which is about as reactive a coinage metal that there is. I just wish they had a slab storage box or something like that. I want to keep my coins protected, especially the zinc ones but I don't want a safe full of plastic bags either. I guess I'll just wait and see what comes up later down the line.

Once you place your coins in the Coin Armour bag they will fit into your NGC or PCGS boxes.

This is what I plan to do. I sent a message to Coin Armour and they are sending me a free sample. The zip locks are small and will fit in the NGC storage boxes. The copper on the bags turns black when they are no longer protecting. That was the best part of the deal as my intercept shield boxes may or may not be good anymore and there is really no way to tell. I was told the intercept works for up to 7 years so if you have intercept boxes older than that---they are just boxes.

Later--Rick

If you have a valuable coin, don't worry about putting in the long box for multiple coins. I use the intercept shield box and have had no trouble. I strongly suggest you querry NGC and use their answer. I have experience with coin flips, and other methods, perhaps NGC has a newer answer or better experience. Don't fool with your good ones.

Capt. Brian

Good to know. Maybe I'll pick a few up and see how they work for me. Thanks for the tip.