• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exciting Times Ahead

5 posts in this topic

Basement will be fixed, Porch will be redone, and coins and currency will be graded.

Hi all,

Yes, it is an exciting time here at "Collecting Central". In about 11 days, the company will be here to start on my basement, and none too soon as it needs to be done soon. Since I am doing all this (along with a home loan to do it) I decided to get insulated window for the little sun porch on the east side of my house. I do not know why it was not done when it was first put on, but I am hoping to have another little room for use in a month or two.

So, that means coins and currecny will start to pick back up for me. I have some Buffalo nickels out to get graded on my coupon. Then I have the 1993 proof set my coworker brought me, plus I have a 1970 British set I want to get graded also.

This does not even count other foreign coins to do, plus other various coins. But yet there still is some currancy to do. I have probably about at least a half dozen obsolete notes that have been laying around for a few years now. Also, my dad brought back 5 pieces of Allied Military Currency from WW2, 3 French and 2 German. This will probably be my second grading event, as there are registry sets for them. All in all, I have a lot of grading to get finished.

I am finally back in the ball game as far as purchases go. I was the winning bidder in this past Sunday night's teletrade auction. I won a nice AU-55 1876-S Trade Dollar to put in my "Trading For Dollars" set.

I have been tryint to find a nice FBL Franklin for my type

See more journals by Iowa Silver Baron Bammer

Brian, It is good to hear that the basement will be fixed soon. That can't be very good for the health of your family.

Keep us in the loop as you add to your swell sets with those submissions.

Later--Rick

Well Brian, it seems that I also I have basement problems and like you mine will be fixed soon. Fortunately I just got the estimate and the fix will not be as costly as I expected. That means pretty close to full steam ahead with coins!

Gary