• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I will be posting here less frequently, beginning later this month..

57 posts in this topic

Welcome (back) to Texas...if your going to commute to the the Heritage offices in Dallas, they sell bricks at the Home Depot, everyone has one I think, they just put the brick on their gas peddle and haul it to work, then put the brick back on to get home!

Good luck...best wishes.

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes.

To those of you who have asked what I will be doing at Heritage - I am not yet certain of that. A number of possibilities are being considered for me and I might end up with responsibilities in more than one area.

Please feel free to contact me there and check up on me. ;)

To those of you who have asked what I will be doing at Heritage - I am not yet certain of that. A number of possibilities are being considered for me and I might end up with responsibilities in more than one area.

You definitely need to be checked up on ;)

Huge congrats Mark.

As a source for probably 75% of my collection I am pleased to have everyone of them . Just need to find a dealer to put up with me in the future. I'm pretty High maintenance .lol

Martin

Yikes! I hope that they didn't trick you into becoming the new janitor :o !

Is relocating necessary?

I hope you can adjust from going 'high quality' to 'high volume', or that they put you in a position you enjoy.

Please don't take it personally. ;)

Dear client,

Below, please find my latest list of rare coin offerings. You will, no doubt, notice that this list is considerably smaller than most others you have received from me over the years.

And there is good reason for that. I have been slowing down my buying, in preparation for a big and exciting change in the course of my numismatic career:

I am pleased and proud to announce that later this month, I will be joining Heritage Auctions and working out of their headquarters in Dallas.

More accurately, I will be rejoining Heritage, where I worked previously, more than twenty five years ago.

Heritage will have me involved with a number of different areas within the company, but I hope to remain in touch with many of you and continue to assist you in your numismatic pursuits. Most of you probably need no introduction to Heritage and know they’re a talented, experienced and innovative group to work with. If you are not already working with them in some capacity or another, then I hope you’ll give me the opportunity to show you how to take advantage of all that they can offer.

I will continue to use my same email address and cell number, so please contact me anytime!

Due to my upcoming move, I do not plan to do any shipping after Friday of this week. So if you wish to purchase any of the coins listed below, please get back to me before then.

Coins are great, but it is the relationships with collectors like you which make our hobby so memorable and special. Please accept my heartfelt thanks for your business, for your friendship and for making my "job" so enjoyable and rewarding.

Best always,

Mark

...... Right on, Brother ! My friend , Steve works there....in Comics. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Question: Why does this new opportunity require you to visit the boards less? Is there a potential conflict of interest, or is it a 9-5 responsibility?

Question: Why does this new opportunity require you to visit the boards less? Is there a potential conflict of interest, or is it a 9-5 responsibility?

Yes, and, if I ever need your much valued advice again, can I still send you a PM through these boards or must I go through another channel?

My guess is both.

It would be interesting if he actually posts more. If my memory serves me correctly James_EarlyUS seemed to post more after he acquired a director position at Scottsman.

My guess is both.

It would be interesting if he actually posts more. If my memory serves me correctly James_EarlyUS seemed to post more after he acquired a director position at Scottsman.

I think I used to post a little more prior, actually. And for about the first two months after taking the new job, I hardly had time to post at all. However -- and this is a tribute to the excellence of the NGC boards -- I've found that this place is such a fabulous source of information and resonates such a useful pulse on the hobby that it's an invaluable tool for my job. For that, I thank everyone (even those that I have frequent disagreements with lol ).

I think Mark is an open-minded person and may come to this same conclusion. My employer has expressed no qualms about me posting and using the NGC boards, and I trust that Heritage also understands the exceptional value of their use as well. If Mark does indeed end up visiting very rarely, I'd assume it's by policy rather than by choice (I hope not). I post a little on company time, but consider it part of my duties to maintain these lines of communications. NGC is one company-of-choice for coin certification.

Basically I consider other board members as friends :) , and would not readily leave my friends behind, even those that are now in competition, having become employed by the friendly competition at Heritage :devil: .

Aw, thanks, I sure will!

Please don't take it personally. ;)

Dear client,

Below, please find my latest list of rare coin offerings. You will, no doubt, notice that this list is considerably smaller than most others you have received from me over the years.

And there is good reason for that. I have been slowing down my buying, in preparation for a big and exciting change in the course of my numismatic career:

I am pleased and proud to announce that later this month, I will be joining Heritage Auctions and working out of their headquarters in Dallas.

More accurately, I will be rejoining Heritage, where I worked previously, more than twenty five years ago.

Heritage will have me involved with a number of different areas within the company, but I hope to remain in touch with many of you and continue to assist you in your numismatic pursuits. Most of you probably need no introduction to Heritage and know they’re a talented, experienced and innovative group to work with. If you are not already working with them in some capacity or another, then I hope you’ll give me the opportunity to show you how to take advantage of all that they can offer.

I will continue to use my same email address and cell number, so please contact me anytime!

Due to my upcoming move, I do not plan to do any shipping after Friday of this week. So if you wish to purchase any of the coins listed below, please get back to me before then.

Coins are great, but it is the relationships with collectors like you which make our hobby so memorable and special. Please accept my heartfelt thanks for your business, for your friendship and for making my "job" so enjoyable and rewarding.

Best always,

Mark

I will miss you tremendously, Mark. I already do some business with Heritage, but it is outside of the coin collecting field. That being said, I truly appreciate the coins you were able to get for me while you were active as a dealer. I wish you the best of luck in your new venture and hope you stay in touch with us.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

We will miss you...I'm happy for you on the new position! But moving to Dallas? Argh...I'm not sure I could do that myself.

Best of luck and see you at Long Beach I hope!

jom

Er, ah, Dallas, and Texas are mighty fine places where the quality of life and living is very high. We, in Texas, do quite well thank you and look forward to having Mark be one of our own.

Best, HT

I know I'm going to miss him a real lot. All his wisdom on how to collect coins. He's been a real bulwark to my education. Good luck Mark!

I know I'm going to miss him a real lot. All his wisdom on how to collect coins. He's been a real bulwark to my education. Good luck Mark!

Keep trying maybe you will get what you are looking for with a few more posts.

Although I doubt it.

Mark the rest of us truly wish you luck.

I beg your pardon? I followed Mark to here when I saw how he got kicked out ATS for simply speaking his mind. I believe you're a little out of line, sport.