• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's play GTG: 1881 S Morgan

17 posts in this topic

Just want to see what you all think of the grade. Pics are pretty bad for this, but do your best :) The reverse pics aren't even decent. To the left of RI, there are a few tic's and a bag mark.

1881smorgan1a.jpg

1881smorgan1b.jpg

1881smorgan1c.jpg

1881smorgan2a.jpg

1881smorgan2.jpg

Thanks guys. I appreciate your opinions. I was somewhere closer to 65, but I'm also the one with the coin in hand :) I tried to get a shot so you can see the cheek in the light. They aren't distracting unless the light catches it right. I wanted to include that as well as the NGC grade. Does it change your opinion?

newp1w.jpg

It appears to be solidly undergraded at 64, that's for sure! There really isn't enough price difference to warrant resubmitting it, though - even if it were to come back a 66. It's probably just a nice 65 - enjoy it as it is. Nice coin.

For $93, I can't complain. I will bring it to CAC on my lunch break next week though :) I'll see if I can get a gold bean on it rather than resubmitting.

Well, my appointment has been made for next week.

If it's good enough for a gold bean, I'll ask JA if it's a possible 66 (which I doubt). If so, my dilemma would be keep the bean or resubmit.

Just got back from CAC. No gold (this one anyway). John said it was borderline 65, and if it was, it would grade on the low end. For that reason, it just got a green bean.