• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry Points for Morgan CC 80R78 VAM4 vs Generic

2 posts in this topic

Hello-

I would like to ask a question regarding the points designated for the Morgan Carson City GSA Holder of the 80/79R78 vs the generic 80R78.

There seems to be a significant difference in value of the two issues which would (at least to me) indicate the coin is more rare than the generic. When reviewing the points listings, both coins carry the same point value. For example I have an MS65 and the point value is 3251 and it's the same for the VAM4.

The reason I ask is my coin is the VAM4 but I never sent it in for the designation. I probably would right away if there was a point difference, but unless I am going to sell it (and I am not at this time) why get it designated if it doesn't help my Registry Set.

When looking at the pops, NGC lists 100 coins graded at MS65 on the generic and only 23 graded as a VAM4.

Why would these two coins have the same Registry point value?

Thank you in advance!

Bo

• Administrator

We have recently updated the scores for the Carson City GSA's and have not yet updated the regular Morgan scores. Thanks.