• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie help - Peace Dollar

5 posts in this topic

I just got a new camera so I thought I would try my hand at photographing my coins. I just got a peace dollar and the image has me concerned. I am new at all this so to me, it looks like this has been cleaned but I wanted someone's opinion on it. Can you tell me what you think? (and any comments on how I can improve my photography would also be appreciated. I used a canon SX160 and a lamp with a 1500 lumens bulb in it)

PeaceObv3_zps3b5e639e.jpg

Thanks

Yes, the coin has been cleaned rather severely, but sometime photos make the cleaning look worse than it is. If the photo matches well with the coin "in hand" it has seen a lot of cleaning.

I am using one light, it's really bright. Ottlite, 1500 lumens 75watt. One of those curly light bulbs. I had it about 15 degrees to the left of the coin. What would you suggest for bulbs?