• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1959 1C Lincoln

5 posts in this topic

Yeah that is what I thought too when I sent it in. I compared this to another one they were just raving about grading at PCGS and describing the red to be the deepest they have had the privileged of grading.

That particular coin graded out at MS67RD and brought $4,350.00 at auction. It also had some surface scratches and damage that was very similar to the extent here. Or at least it looked that way from the auction close ups. And the red color was not as deep in my opinion so I thought I would give it a shot.

Came back as an MS64RD .... I think maybe those little spots affected the grade more than I thought they would.

Yeah I think it was worth the try and I really don't regret spending the money on the grade to give it a try. I thought for sure it was better than MS64RD. But I am actually happy that it came back as no lower and maybe in 35 more years or maybe 50 it will be worth something for the kids.

I look forward to getting the slab in the next few days though because I really liked that coin and I guess when you get right down to coin 'collecting' (not dealing) that is what it is partially about; deriving enjoyment out of your collection.

Thanks for the opinions. (thumbs u