• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I forgot.... 1937 S Buffalo also.

13 posts in this topic

Ok. Fine. I will guess and then you guys can rip me apart.

MS63 to MS64

Any opinions?

Are you suspecting another 'whizzed' or highly polished coin? I hope not but someone else mentioned it might be.

Actually I have that coin here somewhere. I forgot that I got that in a long time ago. I will find it and try and make some different shots of it.

Thanks.

I even threw in some pictures of my UNC Details Cleaned 1925 Stone Mountain I got back from PCGS today..... Bitter Sweet. I have grown up here near Stone Mountain and have been going there since I was a kid.

So even though it came back with no grade I do have a beautifully polished Stone Mountain to gaze at sentimentally. :grin:

You have maybe a $40 coin if it has not been messed with . A $20 coin if it has been.

I would not worry about it being polished or whizzed.

Your images look so different from one another that one set (if not both) must be way off. And that makes assessments of coins largely impractical.

Not even worth sending in then I guess.

You sure it will not go a 68 or 69? hm

:grin:

It might at Star Grading Service, but why would you want to send it anywhere?

Your first pics I would go 64-5 or AU58 (rear looks like front of shoulder could have rub)

The second pics look like it has been cleaned, or else the lighting is much brighter and saturation up on camera. Did you do anything to the coin between pictures? like a dip or polish?

Not even worth sending in then I guess.

You sure it will not go a 68 or 69? hm

:grin:

It might at Star Grading Service, but why would you want to send it anywhere?

Your first pics I would go 64-5 or AU58 (rear looks like front of shoulder could have rub)

The second pics look like it has been cleaned, or else the lighting is much brighter and saturation up on camera. Did you do anything to the coin between pictures? like a dip or polish?

I would not want to send it anywhere. That was a joke ala the laughing face and the funny guy scratching his chin as if thinking about it.

the 68 or 69 was a joke as well but I am sure that you caught that .... didn't you?

As far as pictures and dipping or any other manipulation goes the answer is no. This would probably be a very good example of photo manipulation, whether intentional or not remains to be decided, using lighting or possibly even using a different white balance setting.

The first pictures were taken from the seller in the listing.and if they had the white balance adjusted incorrectly then I could say that it was possibly un-intentional. However, if the lights were placed in such a manner to get that effect then it was definitely intentional.

My main determining criteria in buying was the part in the Indians hair and the horns and tail of the bison. I compared it with photo grade ATS and thought it was around 64 or 65 based on that. The color changes all that it would seem.

Just another cleaned or dipped coin for my cleaned and dipped coin collection I guess. :grin: