• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toneddollars produced toned dollar pics

10 posts in this topic

Because of difficulties in posting photos, Toneddollars asked if I would post these for him. These are among his first results from a new macro lens for his wife's camera.

1880-CC

80-ccSm.jpg

1880 Reverse of 1878

80%20rev%2078Sm.jpg

1882-CC

84-ccSM.jpg

Thanks, Bob,

These are some of my first attempts with a new macro lense I bought using with my wifes camera.

They are a few of my GSA toners from my personal collection. The first is a 1880 rev 79 with deep

mirrors that do not show up in this photo. It is graded ms-65, the second one is a much rarer 1880 rev 78

and is also graded ms-65 this is the vam-4. The last one is a favorite of mine, 1882-cc ms-64. I just like

the way the toning looks on this coin. Makes me think that this coin may have been in a bag on the bottom

of the pile and got wet or maybe from sitting on the bottom and a a damp concrete floor in a sealed vault.

Makes one think, which is never a bad thing. Enjoy, I know I do.

The images are over exposed which I find is easy to do because of the black gsa plastic surrounding the coin. It's an easy fix and overall the focus appears to be good so I think you are probably one step away from having some truly awesome pictures buddy. You can either make adjustments on your camera or using photoshop etc to darken the photos which will eliminate the washed out look (thumbs u

These are some of my first attempts with a new macro lense I bought using with my wifes camera.

They are a few of my GSA toners from my personal collection. The first is a 1880 rev 79 with deep

mirrors that do not show up in this photo. It is graded ms-65, the second one is a much rarer 1880 rev 78

and is also graded ms-65 this is the vam-4. The last one is a favorite of mine, 1882-cc ms-64. I just like

the way the toning looks on this coin. Makes me think that this coin may have been in a bag on the bottom

of the pile and got wet or maybe from sitting on the bottom and a a damp concrete floor in a sealed vault.

Makes one think, which is never a bad thing. Enjoy, I know I do.

Nice. Are those in "Silver Dollar" holders or are any of them in "Uncirculated Silver Dollar" holders?