• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help please!

9 posts in this topic

2 reveal bulbs a copy stand and a good camera and lens should do it.

Do the "Reveal" bulbs help vs incandescent? Are "Reveal" bulbs the way to go for most coin photography?

Thanks!

He forgot one thing..... practice... practice... practice... you get the picture, or maybe you wont unless you keep practicing!

+ a big 1

The wife takes my coins outside and uses the sunlight to capture the color. She takes some good shots. I would suggest giving that a shot.. see what you can do.

She uses a Cannon Power Shot SX40 HS.

Thanks for the advice; this ASE is by far the hardest coin that I have ever tried to photograph. I will try the sunlight thing for sure tomorrow, as far as the “reveal” bulbs I must admit that I’m not entirely sure what you are referring to.

Thanks for the advice; this ASE is by far the hardest coin that I have ever tried to photograph. I will try the sunlight thing for sure tomorrow, as far as the “reveal” bulbs I must admit that I’m not entirely sure what you are referring to.

Reveal is a type pf light. Such as incandescant, halogen, soft white et cetera. Differnt coins look better in different lights so as someone said practice and experimentation also needed. Also depends on just how good you wanna get.