• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

77 posts in this topic

Happens here all the time. From what I have gathered there is nothing wrong with that and you are now a bad person for it having happened to you.

Within the last couple weeks, members ATS make offer to purchase my coins. I accept then they either back out or don't respond to my acceptance. Is this common?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Sometimes there is "buyer's" remorse or something. I don't think it's a symptom of it being at any particular forum either.

Just respond normally if they don't get back to you, no harm/no foul.

jom

Before I can say whether you are in the wrong, I'll need to know the post count of each member involved. :rulez:

What does post count have to do with anything? Some of the most obnoxious members that I have met on some forums have high post counts. It's the quality and not quantity of posting that matters.

It has everything to do with people ATS! :golfclap:

I have bought and sold on both forums several times, and never once have I ever had a member refuse to execute a transaction once a firm offer was made and accepted.

Before I can say whether you are in the wrong, I'll need to know the post count of each member involved. :rulez:

What does post count have to do with anything? Some of the most obnoxious members that I have met on some forums have high post counts. It's the quality and not quantity of posting that matters.

Amen!

(now I've added to my post count! ;) )

:facepalm: The higher the post count, the less a member can be in the wrong. Also, the higher the post count, the more knowledgeable the member is. This is how ATS works.

:facepalm: The higher the post count, the less a member can be in the wrong. Also, the higher the post count, the more knowledgeable the member is. This is how ATS works.

Oh, it's sarcasm. lol NGC should really insert a sarcasm emoticon.

Funny, I thought it was the same here.

Oh, it's sarcasm. lol NGC should really insert a sarcasm emoticon.

He doesn't need a sarcasm emoticon. All you need to know is that it's Greg's post.

jom

I have done many dozens of BST sales and buys and have never seen anything like this. The story is bizarre.

Lance.

I did about 150-200 transactions ATS equal parts buyer/seller and not 1 single problem or return.

There seems to be more flippers than there are collectors ATS, if they don't have a buyer, or their buyer backs out, so will they.

Within the last couple weeks, members ATS make offer to purchase my coins. I accept then they either back out or don't respond to my acceptance. Is this common?

Timing in the way events pan out in cyberspace is different than in dealing in person. I'd guess that out of a hundred transactions here and ATS (many moons ago), maybe a couple failed for whatever reason. Probably there are times when the other party stumbles upon a better deal, or ends up buying something else altogether, and is a little embarrassed to admit it up front.

Forgive and forget.

Amen!

(now I've added to my post count! ;) )

580 in 5 years? You have some work to do. BTW, I'm a quantity kind of guy, haha

It's simply bad behavior, regardless of who or where. These forums operate on trust. I too have never had someone back out of the dozens of transactions I have done, but if someone did renege or not respond -- I would remember his/her name later on.

Fool me once ...

Well ive also been banned for 2 years so maybe things have changed.

That's funny from a guy who admits to having an alt ATS.

EVP

No, you studmuffins got that banned too.

EVP

No I am pretty sure your lack of adhering to the rules and overall whiny little attitude all played bigger roles than anything anybody else did. But feel free to blame others for your station in life, just don't expect anything to change.

EVP

No I am pretty sure your lack of adhering to the rules and overall whiny little attitude all played bigger roles than anything anybody else did. But feel free to blame others for your station in life, just don't expect anything to change.

If you find the rule I broke I'll buy you your next coin.

EVP

Now that is a very open ended challenge. Honestly, do either one of you actually want to fight out your differences on this forum? I hope not.

Carl

EVP

Now that is a very open ended challenge. Honestly, do either one of you actually want to fight out your differences on this forum? I hope not.

Carl

Well I just happen to know the reason I was banned. And it wasnt a rule breaking. It was as ridiculous as they come. So I already know he cannot find a the broken rule. But he will come and badmouth me as he does so many other people when he gets bored ATS

Apologies to the rest of the viewership...

One of the rules that Mumu broke was not having alts. Admittedly, that wasn't the reason for the bamming. I think he got bammed for an argument on the boards that spun out of control.

Do I get my next coin paid for by Mumu, since he admitted to breaking the no-alt rule?

EVP

One of the rules that Mumu broke was not having alts. Admittedly, that wasn't the reason for the bamming. I think he got bammed for an argument on the boards that spun out of control.

Do I get my next coin paid for by Mumu, since he admitted to breaking the no-alt rule?

EVP

Why was I banned as mumu? Point to a rule broken and you get a coin too. Blaming the alt issue for the original bogus banning is like arguiing that someone is guilty of something just because they are in jail.

EVP

Why was I banned as mumu? Point to a rule broken and you get a coin too. Blaming the alt issue for the original bogus banning is like arguiing that someone is guilty of something just because they are in jail.

Did they even tell you why you were banned?

There seems to be more flippers than there are collectors ATS, if they don't have a buyer, or their buyer backs out, so will they.

While I have not had this happen ATS there are indeed many more flippers on there now that in the past which could explain your difficuties.