• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 W American Silver Eagle

15 posts in this topic

and the real thing.

Hello Friends,

This past week I received a wonderful 2013 NGC PF70UC Silver Eagle and I've been thinking about taking photos for my registry and hadn't decided to post one to the journals but as it happened this morning while at work I noticed a bald eagle in a cottonwood tree scoping out a section of the Applegate River.

The Steelhead are in the river right now and this eagle has the perfect perch to spot carcasses floating downriver that gather in an eddy right under him, he just hangs out and breakfast comes to him.

Thought it would be nice to see a real eagle next to the one on the coin so I put this collage together. Any day an eagle soars over you is a good day!

Happy Collecting Friends,

Larry

13204.jpg

See more journals by Merlin8*

Nicely done Larry !! The bald eagle is so majestic and once viewed its easy to see why historically the eagle has been such a great symbol on our coinage. PS- You got me all excited with the steelhead mention. Happy Collecting ! RichH

Cool that you caught him/her in motion.

I travel to Canada once a year to fish. I've had the pleasure of sitting on shore eating lunch near a Bald Eagles nest. Their were two young eagles there along with one of the parents. We were sitting about 30 yrds. away watching this eagle. It was just sitting on the rock near the shore. It was huge! I couldn't believe how big it was. We see them all the time, but usually from quite a distance. We were very close. It was majestic and from the look of it's talons, would rip up flesh in short order.

This really is a beautiful bird and am glad it's our national bird and not the turkey.

Larry, that is a very nice photo collage with majestic eagles alongside the Silver American Eagle. Thank you for your inspiring artwork.

Gary

My pleasure, sometimes your in the right place at the right time, get lucky and get a decent photo.

I see a fair number of turkey's also, good to see them both making a come back!

"Golden Turkey"......maybe?

Just a thought,

Larry

A stunning collage!!!! I echo the sentiments of everyone here, truly a magnificent bird and gorgeous coin. While I'm not making a set of American Eagles, I have been thinking about just getting the San Francisco ones for my western mints.

I live close to, and work in a city on, the Mississippi River. So I'm lucky also and get to see the eagles too. One Saturday a few years back I had to make some deliveries to a town in Illinois on the river, and counted 13 eagles soaring over the river.

Again, very nice collage. Also, isn't it ironic and amusing that Benjamin Franklin did not like the eagle and wanted the turkey to be our national bird. Something to ponder, isn't it. I love when our coins and history come together.

Iowa Silver Baron