• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first Registry Set

5 posts in this topic

It has only taken me eight years to get around to doing something like this. I knew from the outset that I didn't care about putting together a Competitive Set, and my ANA Medals seemed to fit the bill perfectly.

http://coins.www.collectors-society.com/wcm/CoinCustomSetView.aspx?s=12645

It is still a work-in-progress what with adding comments and such, but I now have the images taken by Bob Campbell entered and the slide show is a pretty cool thing.

Many thanks to Bob, and I'd also like to thank NGC for putting up with my persistence at the FUN Show luncheons all those years in order to have these medals graded.

Chris

Beautiful set Chris. I definitely prefer the bronze medals in your set. I like the way they look. I really like the 82nd Anniv. 38mm bronze Boston Tea Party, 83rd Anniv. 38mm bronze Bal Harbour and the, hell, I like all the others as well.

How long did it take you to acquire all those medals? You mentioned 8 years, but it sounded like to me that's how long it took you to actually get them professionally photographed and registered at NGC.

Beautiful set Chris. I definitely prefer the bronze medals in your set. I like the way they look. I really like the 82nd Anniv. 38mm bronze Boston Tea Party, 83rd Anniv. 38mm bronze Bal Harbour and the, hell, I like all the others as well.

How long did it take you to acquire all those medals? You mentioned 8 years, but it sounded like to me that's how long it took you to actually get them professionally photographed and registered at NGC.

It took me eight years to make up my mind what I wanted to do where the Registry was concerned.

I started collecting the ANA medals in 2005. I was able to acquire 13 of the 14 sets within the first year or so, but the 1981 New Orleans set took me 5-1/2 years to locate.

Chris