• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lincoln Cents

5 posts in this topic

A bit of a detour

Good morning. I've kept ya'll up to date on my quest to finish my Lincoln Cent collection. Since my wife likes to sleep in on Sundays, I sat down at the laptop and browsed around Ebay.

I am down to the last 4 coins (Minus the 55 DDO) and have not seen any of them come up for auction. Because of that and my desire to finish the set and move on, I searched PCGS graded coins. I added the 1952 and 1952 D. The bad news is that these are a different grading company from the rest of the set, but the good news is that they are the same grade and that's what I think is important.

So, that just leaves me with the 1941 D and the 1952 D. I saw the 52 by PCGS also, but it's a little much for me to pay right now. If it's still around for my next paycheck, I'll snap it up.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. lol

Happy collecting.

Marcus

See more journals by Texan's Coins

Marcus I know what you mean regarding the detour and crossing grading company lines to complete your set. Hopefully you can get them crossed over at the same grade and make everything line up. It would drive me nuts having the coins to fill the slots and not be able to because they are PCGS graded coins.

Love your coins! Keep up the great work and enjoy your journey!

The good thing about an occasional PCGS slab is that they do fit in the NGC storage boxes. The NGC slabs are too tall for PCGS boxes.

With only 4 left it would be hard to resist!!

Rick, I did not know that. I was wondering if they would fit in my boxes. And yes, at this point, I am ready to finish up the set. lol I will probably go PCGS for my Commemorative Halves in regards to the 1982 George Washington in Mint State. The important thing for me is the consistancy of the grade, not necessarily the holder.