• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undergraded, the CAC or a VAM?

8 posts in this topic

I dont think it's undergraded nor do I think its a rare VAM from what I see. The activity over TRVST and the entire reverse surface action makes me think its not a 65. Is this Sticker premium?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1921-1-SILVER-PEACE-DOLLAR-PCGS-MS-64-WOW-NICE-FLASHY-CAC-/360589551736?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=dnvPJrufXP7mkm7Bpdl0d5HYNLw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Is this Sticker premium?

i honesty dont know as i dont specialize in peace dollars nor do i know anything about vams

but in my extremely limited experiences in the coin game

Is this Sticker premium?------ most likey not unless i am missing something

WHEN A COIN GOES FOR STRONG MONEY THAT HAS NO RATIONAL EXPLAINATION/justification AND I GUESS THAT COULD BE FOR EVERY COIN :flamed:

usually not always but usually it is a passoinate collector with lots of discretionary income wanting to buy something AND thinking with his heart and not his brain

Is this Sticker premium?

i honesty dont know as i dont specialize in peace dollars nor do i know anything about vams

but in my extremely limited experiences in the coin game

Is this Sticker premium?------ most likey not unless i am missing something

WHEN A COIN GOES FOR STRONG MONEY THAT HAS NO RATIONAL EXPLAINATION/justification AND I GUESS THAT COULD BE FOR EVERY COIN :flamed:

usually not always but usually it is a passoinate collector with lots of discretionary income wanting to buy something AND thinking with his heart and not his brain

Hi Michael,

I have bought a number of CAC MS64 1921 examples, all for considerably less than that coin. So I'm with you - the price is almost certainly not the result of a sticker premium.

I don't get it, either. It's not VAM 3, I can't see any diagnostics of any of the proof die pairs, it's a decent strike, but not hammered. Had I sold this coin, it would have brought bid.

If youre only looking at 1 strike element sure, the hair is nicely struck. But look at the lower tail feathers on the reverse. 50$ over retail seems high to me in percentage terms. I know absolute value terms 400$ is small potatoes. Just not seeing where this one comes in that high. Maybe its an MS 65 C coin as was explained to me in another thread.

"Strike" is an important aspect of this issue -- but just one aspect, and this coin seems above average in that regard. What catches my eye is that the image appears to portray a remarkably lustrous coin with plenty of flash, which is something tough to find with the usually-satiny 1921s. I personally am willing to pay a premium for a flash 1921.

Of course, my opinion is no better than yours :) ! Definitely hold out for one that meets your own preferences!!!!