• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Robec's photographic masterpiece of my 1910 Matte Proof Lincoln

13 posts in this topic

Some of the nicest reverse color that I've seen on a Matte Proof. Especially note the crazy-great green color that works through large portions of the reverse. It's amazing that you can pick out colors that cover the full spectrum of the rainbow on both sides (red-orange-yellow-green-blue-indigo-violet) -- now that's rare from what I've seen. And of course those wonderful razor-sharp, wide square rims characteristic of MPLs. This coin has the "widest range of looks" that I have ever seen -- a single photo just doesn't capture the full nuance. The coin is very very dark in hand but pops a myriad of colors at selected viewing and lighting angles. I bought this on Heritage for $763 a few months ago, the heritage photo was very muted and not very colorful (as Heritage photos typically are). If I ever sold this coin I would need to provide a movie view that shows all the various looks.

PCGS PR65BN

1910MPL_MasterMasterO_1100.jpg

1910MPL_MasterMasterR_1100.jpg

It certainly pops under bright artificial light ...

RIBlack_1910MPL_PR65BN.jpg

But in darker room lighting with some indirect sunlight wafting in, it's a dark beast.

It's interesting how these coins can change their look depending on the lighting.

These images are pretty close to how this coin looks in regular (darker) room lighting ...

1910MPL_Obv%2308_Darker-25.jpg1910MPL_Reverse03_Darker.jpg