• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1850 LARGE CENT

9 posts in this topic

I can tell you the coin is not a strong Au , looks at best XF . Also pictures are very blurry however I see some crud above the date that does not look good. Regardless the coin sold for only $16 so does it really matter . :/

Yes 16 is what I paid for it. I agree the AU grading was way overdone but the details on the coin were not bad for a coin of that price. The crud by the date might be able to be carefully removed by a toothpick maybe?? We shall see.

Yes 16 is what I paid for it. I agree the AU grading was way overdone but the details on the coin were not bad for a coin of that price. The crud by the date might be able to be carefully removed by a toothpick maybe?? We shall see.

Toothpick ?? Try Acetone instead. It might just be Verdigris which really is not a big deal .

I would suspect verdigris on the date as well. I have had a heck of time figuring out how to remove it in the past. I even have some verdi-care but it doesn't do anything to strong verdigris.

Anyway I would say that is a nice XF with the corrosion. Maybe it will surprise you when you get it in hand.