• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1901 Victorian British colonial coins (many NGC) + a Caligula AE + a cool fossil

3 posts in this topic

The coins are up on eBay, as of this post about 2-1/2 days from closing. All were 99c starts with free shipping.

Thanks for lookin'!

I also have (not on eBay), this big C. Megalodon fossil shark tooth available for sale or coin swap.

The wooden stand is included and is brand new (despite my having smeared the brass a bit with a fingerprint when I photographed it.)

It also comes with a little laminated information card and I will include at least a half dozen smaller identified fossil shark teeth from other species (not shown below).

I have several megalodons and dozens if not hundreds of shark teeth from my local area,

but this happens to be the largest I have on hand at the moment.

It was found last summer by a friend of mine, very near where I live.

It originated in dredge spoil material taken from the bottom of Saint Simons Sound here in coastal Georgia.

I haven't measured this one, but it's in the neighborhood of five inches or so; basically hand-sized.

There's a chip on one corner and a little peeling/flaking on the bourrelet (front face), but it's a basically intact tooth, uncleaned and exactly as found.

With this size, were the condition a bit better, this would possibly be a $500+ fossil.

As is, it's still got a fierce, prehistoric vibe to it, and lots of serrations along the edges.

Asking $150 PayPal, delivered, or a $165 coin swap.

Meg-130219-frontback.jpg

Meg-130219-sidestand.jpg

The shark tooth is sold, now, but there are more where that came from.

It happened to be the biggest one I had on hand at the moment, and the only stand (until I order some more), but if you're interested in this kind of stuff, shoot me a PM.

I'm lucky enough to live at the source, and have found these myself, at a boat ramp only a few hundred yards away from where I live. For a while last summer, I had a guy who was regularly walking the dredge spoil areas and bringing me his take, so I've got several hundred fossil shark teeth from a number of different species.