• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone heard of WINGS?

7 posts in this topic

Most recent issue of the Numismatist. Page 9. There is a full page ad for WINGS.

World Identification and Numismatic Grading Service.

From what I can tell from the ad, they are like CAC, but WINGS specializes in World coins.

Have WINGS been around for a while or are they a newly emerged TPG?

Anyone ever deal with them?

-Dave

Their website is here: http://www.wingscoins.com/

WINGS stands for "World Identification and Numismatic Grading Service". They have been around since 2008, but have recently reached a "critical mass" allowing them to launch a more formal service -- they have hit many of the major coin magazines. They are NOT a TPG, but rather a review service similar to CAC. They accept all non-USA coins, tokens, and medals graded by PCGS, NGC, ANACS, and ICG for review. If the item meets the WINGS standard for "Premium Quality" for the assigned grade, then a gold/orange hologram sticker is affixed to the holder.

I don't want to copy and paste everything here, so read this thread for more information.

In closing, I'll post the one WINGS stickered coin that I own. I didn't know who/what they were when I purchased this coin about 2 years ago.

1828_Hannover_16GG_NGC_MS64_WINGS_composite_zps4b35a3e1.jpg

Lance Tchor has been around forever. As stated, he had at one time been heavily involved in toned coins and still is, but his foreign business has really picked up over the years/

Been around about three years.
... and likely stickered dozens of coins. ;)

There is practically zero demand for this type service in the world coin collecting community.

Been around about three years.
... and likely stickered dozens of coins. ;)

There is practically zero demand for this type service in the world coin collecting community.

Well even if there is very little demand for his kind of service, he found a spot in the Numismatic industry that he filled and he obviously believes that there are benefits to the services he provides. IMO, there is no downside except low or limited customer base.

-Dave

Lance Tchor has been around forever. As stated, he had at one time been heavily involved in toned coins and still is, but his foreign business has really picked up over the years/

Lance is a great guy as well, with a remarkably sharp wit and sense of humor. We gladly do business with him,