• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp 1878 CC Morgan Dollar

22 posts in this topic

I've been looking at this thing all day. It's super flashy and looks damn perty in hand. This is definitely one of my new favorites. A big thanks to Mark Feld.

1878 CC Morgan PCGS MS63

1878ccpcgsms631.jpg

I think that's a very nice example for the date and Mint....they don't usually come with the monster toning and or eye appealing toning too often but I think that one has above average color. (thumbs u

Yeah, it's really tough to get the actual look without seeing it. The pictures do capture it's beauty, but not the flashiness of it. I took a pic with my iphone to try and show that

1887cc001.jpg

It's got that 64 look to it. Nice n frosty with color, very nice purchase!

In hand, I do not think the coin looks under-graded for an MS63. But I also think that it is flashier, more lustrous and prettier, in person.

The favorite part of my work, is seeing collectors who are really happy with their coins, as in this thread.

I thought it might be a 64 myself, but there are a few obverse marks keeping it a 63, and on the high end of that IMO. I think that it might earn a star with NGC, but I'll just keep it the way it is, and it'll probably never leave my collection :)