• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New To The Board

18 posts in this topic

And a big "Water Buffalo Nickel" greeting to you, Painless!!! Most of the Coin collectors having abandoned this section of the Forums and headed for higher ground over in the Comic sections during a flash flood, have remained there, coming to their senses that COMICS, not coins, are their first love! We have a nice dry spot just waiting for you to mosey on over.

welcome aboard painless! smile.gif and dont worry about what hammer says, the comic guys here like to start stuff up here. Plenty of coin collectors around these parts smile.gif

Welcome Painless! I love Barber coins, I don't collect the series though, but I do have a few nice type pieces. As for comics, I collected them as a kid, and the one advantage of coins over comics, is that mothers everywhere are much less likely to toss coins in the trash. They may spend them, but at least the won't just throw them away! tongue.gif

See, not ALL comic collectors are insufferable twits! mad.gif To this day, I STILL have all of the quarters that MY Barber gave me as change from my dollars (75 cent haircut) many moons ago!! smirk.gif You learn something new every day in the coin forums. I didn't know that those Barber's quarters were held in such high esteem amongst the "Coinees"! Now I realize how "smart" I was to instinctively hold onto those popular coins! laugh.gif

See, not ALL comic collectors are insufferable twits!

Yeah, The HepKitty is a major player when it comes to collecting Archie comics!

GP was right on his assesment, totally worthless. Well, not totally worthless. They're worth a few cents more than any comic book. You can use them for toilet paper. If you're wondering what to do with the comic books you have been using as toilet paper, use them as dog toilet paper.

welcome to the boards and hope you get all your barber coins weather they are dimes quarters or halves!1

here is a barber scan for you! ! ! ! ! !

sincerely michael

98434-13dimePF.jpg.ef45c2f1cd2fa0626f604edfff764e09.jpg

i think barbers are fun to collect and technically beautiful coins

and are a neglected undervalued sleeper series i think with an up and coming bright future!

herre is a second coin scan for you

sincerely michael

98438-01ms25.jpg.5d92f0628a7a3c2b353b278188308b9c.jpg