• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My ship has come in!

11 posts in this topic

One of my friends, Brandon, gave me a heads-up on this medal listed on eBay. The seller in France was asking $189 on a BIN. I sent him an e-mail offering him $150 and he accepted.

I finally decided to make the 20+ mile trip to check my PO Box, and this 1935 Ville de Alger (68mm) was there. It is a little darker than the photos show which was a bit of a relief for me. The brighter bronze color made me wonder if this may have been a restrike, but the darker patina is consistent with many of my other bronze medals from that period.

From the seller's photos, we were both wondering about a small mark along the rim, and that was the first thing I inspected. It is a small die break. I also got a nice little surprise when I examined the invoice. I had originally agreed to pay $150 + $12 for shipping, but I noted on the invoice that the seller waived his commission which brought the total to $155.38 rather than $162.

Sorry, but I have to use the seller's photos because I still don't have a decent place where I currently reside to set up my camera equipment.

Chris

134195.jpg.110f888bb5fb533a95f6184e3212ec5b.jpg

134196.jpg.322432cc960a4188c1b06724e293b9b3.jpg

I'm a bit dense at times...then it hit me why you said your ship came in. doh!

That's okay! Just remember not to walk up the gangplank after the ship has already left port.

Chris