• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT but I need some help (Long beach show related)

16 posts in this topic

Our family is planning to go to Hawaii in September and during our stay, I would like to fly to LA to attend Long Beach show....I need some info, though.

1.Does anyone know how many hours will flight from Honolulu to LAX take? And how about flight from LAX to Honolulu? If it will take much time, I'll have to give up.

2.Is there any flight between Honolulu and Long Beach airport(more convenient)?

3. Is there any internet site to buy a domestic flight ticket cheap?

1- From Honlulu to LAX is just over 5 hours; the other way is about 5 and a half hours

2- Yes, but they're not direct and will probably take a minimum of around 12 hours from the first takeoff to the last landing

3- expedia.com searches lots of airlines... cheapest there is around $450 roundtrip to LAX. Priceline could have a better deal.

Jeremy

If you do decided to go, let us know so we can get together say say Hi. Lat time Shiroh seemed to be the only one to meet you.

I think there is some sort of lunch get together on Friday at noon. I read this briefly over at the PCGS boards...so I'm not entirely sure. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

I'm more than happy if I could meet any of you in person and say "hi"....I hope you are patient enough to listen to my English wink.gif

Lat time Shiroh seemed to be the only one to meet you

Shiroh was kind enough to share his precious time with me, but I also met a few members at the show. Satootoko, mdwoods and a friendly dealer working for Pinnacle.... grin.gif

Anyway, I'm hoping to fly to Long Beach again next month, but I need my wife's permission first frown.gif

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Taxi fare between LAX and the LB convention center is about $45 one way.

Holy [!@#%^&^]! 893whatthe.gif

jom

You can probably rent a car cheaper than that.

Let me know what time you are arriving and perhaps I can stop by and pick you up on the way to the show.

Are you planning on staying at a hotel near Long Beach? If so, book as soon as possible.

Let me know what time you are arriving and perhaps I can stop by and pick you up on the way to the show

Thank you very much for your generous offer, but if I could make a flight to LAX, my arrival time will be 4 or 5 PM...shortly before the show close. I think I'll take a taxi or a shuttle bus(I used shuttle bus last year).

My plan is to arriive at LA on Wed. evening, stay at Hyatt that day, enjoy the show on Thursday and then fly back to Hawaii on Thursday evening. I wish I could enjoy my stay at LA longer but my wife won't allow me to do so.(If I am to visit LA, I'm going to leave my wife and baby at Hawaii...my baby is too small for a frequent flight)

Sorry, but please let me ask you one more question. Is there any place around Long Beach where a family with one year old baby can enjoy?

I'm thinking of giving up Hawaii and making a trip to LA with my family. I'll spend one day at the show and do sight seeing with my family for the rest of our stay.

I think we are going to spend one day at theme park(Disney), but we don't know what to do for the rest of our stay. We are going to stay in LA for 4 or 5 days.

I think Hollywood/ Universal Studio is a bit far from Long Beach and I don't want to rent a car during our stay.

Any idea?

Long Beach aquarium is nearby (within walking distance from the show) and is perfect for a family. The new facilities have assorted fish and displays, very nice. In addition, there is Fishermans village accross a pedestrian bridge from the convention center with many assorted shops and restuarants for the family. Just across the street from the convention center, new shops and eateries have been built, very nice and lots to do for the day within walking distance. For a $10 cab ride, you can go to the Queen Mary ship and Scorpion submarine tours. Very nice tours and will take most of the day.Forget about Disneyland, it's a hassle.

TRUTH

I think Hollywood/ Universal Studio is a bit far from Long Beach and I don't want to rent a car during our stay.

Look into shuttles that will pick you up at your hotel and drop you off at the amusment park. There should be several available.