• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Orleans Type Set?

2 posts in this topic

Would it be possible to create a competitive New Orleans one per denomination set much like that of Carson City. I recognize that Carson City has a special appeal to collectors but I think New Orleans might also appealed to a broad range of collectors. Also collecting a one per denomination for New Orleans will be relatively challenging specifically based on the $3 and $20 gold pieces. I don't know the expense and creating a competitive set but I do think that this would be a winner.

New Orleans has a number of unique coins such as the $0.03 silver, the "No Stars" 1838 half dime and 1838 dime, the 1839 half dollar "O" mint mark obverse, the $3 gold and finally the $20 gold piece. (Of all the different mints the New Orleans mint is probably the most challenging $20 gold piece to find).

As I said I think that this that would be popular and as a result a win-win proposition.

JTO