• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sorry posted by MAILMAN

9 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

for loss of Ike points.

Not sure if it was because of me, but I made a request to check some point values. The 1977 & 1978 MS66 were way out of line compared to the value and points for MS67 coins. Sorry to put a damper on everyone's point gains. Have a great day! MAILMAN

See more journals by MAILMAN

Hey no need for apologies. Although I only collect proofs I'm sure I speak for most here when I say I'm glad you caught the error. I'd rather have my sets with the correct info than have the wrong info misleading me along the way. I think it is the CS's responsibility to assist and question NGC with anything they see out of the norm. I for one applaud your instincts on this matter.

Well Done MAILMAN !!!!

No worries mate. I did lose some points but who cares!! Like the others have said it is better that the points are correct.

I did the same with Roosevelt dimes several weeks ago. I'm a believer that if it looks wrong and is wrong then it should be fixed. Good job pointing out an error. Can you imagine keeping up to this Registry?

I own a 1971 PF69UC ike that is far from rare or expensive, yet they put a point value of 3292 for this coin. WOW a $50 coin worth that many points is crazy.

Also this same coin in my 1971 proof set is only worth 285 points, I thought they did away with 1 coin being worth 2 different point values.

WHO KNOWS?