• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp toned buffalo

26 posts in this topic

I bought it from someone who bought it on the bay.

I just do not have the time to sort threw the endless offerings on ebay.

Even with a well defined search there a so many hits.

Regardless, nice pick up! Buffalo Head might be jealous!

That's a crazy one Marauderrt10. I remember "greattoning" had a 68 in PCGS holder some years ago (same date) but I don't remember if he sold it...or what happened to it.

Out of all of the Buffalo dates the 13P type one seems to often come with nice toning....yours it one of the nicer ones I've seen over the years. Possibly top 2 or 3.

(thumbs u

jom

Are you saying that you AT'ed that coin? (shrug)

It took me a bit for me to understand what you were referring to (use a quote next time). But I think you were referring to this:

Here's one I made. Had it raw for 10 years before submitting it.

When someone states they "made" a coin that often means they are the ones who sent the coin in for grading.

Besides there is really NO way that coin was AT'd...based on the photo anyway...and even if you ignore it was certified by NGC.

jom

ughh no.... It's a saying collectors use to say they got the coin graded.

It took me a bit for me to understand what you were referring to (use a quote next time). But I think you were referring to this:

When someone states they "made" a coin that often means they are the ones who sent the coin in for grading.

Besides there is really NO way that coin was AT'd...based on the photo anyway...and even if you ignore it was certified by NGC.

jom

bingo

ughh no.... It's a saying collectors use to say they got the coin graded.

jom

bingo

Well it did not look AT at all to me. I was just clarifying. You never know.

Great looking coin and great eye.

That has always been an interesting topic to me. Everyone bashes people who tone their coins in certain ways. But if they put coins in a coin album that is known to turn coins then it's ok. My view is that if you know that you are turning the coins on purpose then it's AT regardless of the method. I don't think that's the popular view though. I have found some coins that I stored in albums many years ago have turned in their holders. What to do with those? Call them AT since I didn't know what the result would be, I was just trying to keep my collection straight, but now knowing, what if I swapped out some coins and left them there for a few years? Would that be AT'ing them?

That has always been an interesting topic to me. Everyone bashes people who tone their coins in certain ways. But if they put coins in a coin album that is known to turn coins then it's ok. My view is that if you know that you are turning the coins on purpose then it's AT regardless of the method. I don't think that's the popular view though. I have found some coins that I stored in albums many years ago have turned in their holders. What to do with those? Call them AT since I didn't know what the result would be, I was just trying to keep my collection straight, but now knowing, what if I swapped out some coins and left them there for a few years? Would that be AT'ing them?

I don't think a coin is AT'd if it is placed in situation where it would normally be. Coin holder? NT. Baked Potato? AT. What you are thinking might happen to the coin is irrelevant. But that's just my view. Others differ.

But really, all of this is just semantics. Today the only real issue is whether the coin is Market Acceptable or not. That's what it comes down to. Frankly, collectors make a big deal out of this more than they should. You see a coin, if you like it buy it. Otherwise pass. If you want to use the TPGs to filter out AT coins then only buy slabbed coins. If you want to use your own knowledge then do that. Great. Whatever....but this subject is WAY blown out of proportion.

jom

Frankly, collectors make a big deal out of this more than they should. You see a coin, if you like it buy it. Otherwise pass.

jom

+1

I would add that you should be careful not to pay a huge premium on a coin you like but may have suspicion about.

I would add that you should be careful not to pay a huge premium on a coin you like but may have suspicion about.

Sure but part of the "I like" is the asking price. If you don't like the price but you like the coin then either negotiate it down or pass.

Admittedly, this is the hardest part...when you really like a coin but it's expensive. Always a tough decision....

jom

Sure but part of the "I like" is the asking price. If you don't like the price but you like the coin then either negotiate it down or pass.

Admittedly, this is the hardest part...when you really like a coin but it's expensive. Always a tough decision....

jom

......ironically, the items that I've done the best with or enjoyed the most were the ones for which I overpaid......like they say, "easy come, easy go". GOD BLESS....

-jimbo( a friend of jesus) (thumbs u