• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What ever happened to PCGS' lawsuit against the coin doctors?

11 posts in this topic

They were not going after AT, but surface alterations and enhancement like adding FH to high grade SLQs and adding a couple points to gold with surface fill cleaning up the fields. -stuff that when turned in holder after a few years really made collector suffer (andTPG had to buy back coin)

They won in that they got alot of articles and publicity about how they are making the world a safer place for coin collectors

Not sure if case is really over yet, originally had jurisdiction issues...

They decided they couldn't beat them so they decided to join them and start their own "recovery" service.

(I'm only joking here, lol ).

The case was dismissed on procedural grounds. I don't think it has been refiled.

As coinman said it was tossed out. Now some of the accused had threatened to sue PCGS over damage to their reputations caused by the case. I have no idea if they were ever filed and if so where they currently stand.