• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A San Francisco Treat

14 posts in this topic

Obviously not the best examples, but I think an interesting trio nonetheless:

SF_Trio_Small.jpg

First year of issues at the San Francisco mint for copper, silver, and gold (appearing in reverse order of mintage).

Of course the 1908-s will be easy to upgrade. The 1854-s reasonable to upgrade. The 1855-s tougher to upgrade.

It's a start. ;)

If you decide to upgrade the IHC, I am interested in taking it off your hands.

Thanks for the offer. Will keep that in mind, but I'm holding for now.

Does anyone remember the "Rice a Roni" jingle/advertising?

Kudos to the person(s) who can post a coin of the year in which this advertising first appeared! :acclaim:

Those are very nice! Real coins that you can touch - not isolated plastic slabs that could hold photos.

Thanks for the offer. Will keep that in mind, but I'm holding for now.

Does anyone remember the "Rice a Roni" jingle/advertising?

Kudos to the person(s) who can post a coin of the year in which this advertising first appeared! :acclaim:

I think it was 63.

I am not sure, because the 60s were a blur, for more than the obvious reason of aging.

46fb2ddc.jpg

Obviously not the best examples, but I think an interesting trio nonetheless:

SF_Trio_Small.jpg

First year of issues at the San Francisco mint for copper, silver, and gold (appearing in reverse order of mintage).

Of course the 1908-s will be easy to upgrade. The 1854-s reasonable to upgrade. The 1855-s tougher to upgrade.

Back on topic. ;)