• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1892 O Morgan

11 posts in this topic

The pictures are too small and at odd angles to be able to make a meaningful determination. From the images, the cheek looks clean as do the fields, which is a good sign, and it appears that the coin may be uncirculated. Better images are necessary, however, to ensure that the coin is problem free and free of wear.

In response to AJ, since this coin is a condition rarity, it would be highly unusual to see this coin in MS66 especially outside of a PCGS or NGC holder. This leads me to believe that the odds are quite high that there is something we are not seeing in the images.

The flattness on the ear and above it and the breast feathers suggest it may have a tiny bit of circulation. I'm guessing slider but It's a clean field coin. That's for sure.

If I am interpreting the images correctly, there is enough chatter on the cheek and fields along with weakness in strike in Ms. Liberty's hair above her ear to preclude a grade of anything higher than MS64. Also, especially from images like this, it is hard to determine whether there are luster disturbances meaning that it could still be a slider.

I would limit the grade range to AU58-MS64.

Edited to add: Your photos do not allow me to assess luster very well. This is important in distinguishing a BU/MS piece from a slider AU.

AU58 not enough detail in the breast feathers and hair above the ear. Possibly even AU details seems like something funky with the rim. But I can't really tell much with the tiny pictures.

The reverse strike is okay for the issue, and the flatness on the hair is likely due to a weak strike and not wear per se . With this said, the images do not allow for a good analysis of luster, and the coin may very well be a slider AU.

The flattness on the ear and above it and the breast feathers suggest it may have a tiny bit of circulation. I'm guessing slider but It's a clean field coin. That's for sure.

O mint Morgans have a weak strike on the Breast feathers .

Pictures are way to small to guess a grade.

It looks like a dipped AU 58.

How are you able to narrow it down this precisely based on the images provided? Am I missing something? I certainly agree that AU58 is an option, but I cannot come closer than a 7 point range. I agree on the dipped comment.