• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird Sac toning?

13 posts in this topic

Is the color on this Sac normal. I've had this for quite a while in an airtite. It's been toned like this since I've owned it. Is it normal toning for these things? Thanks!! What looks like green is actually blue.

TONEDSAC.jpg

I have seen it before and even seen it on a graded piece or two.

I have seen it on it on a few certified pieces as well. It's not rare, but it's neat (or at least I think so). Usually these are fairly ugly when they tone, but your coin is nice. I don't think it is worth a premium, but it is something I would hold as a curiosity piece.

Thats good to hear. I thought may be it was turning bad. I may swap this one for the one in my Dansco. I'd hate for the Dansco to mess it up tho'. (shrug)

Bobby, if you remember, the Mint had problems with the 2000 Sac's turning all sorts of colors......mostly ugly. Then, they started experimenting with different washes or rinses or whatever.

Chris

Cool article. I don't mine falls under category for these but seems like would be a cool find. I think I'll leave mine in the airtite to avoid any album toning messing with it. Thanks for the info and comments guys.

They do tone this way from time to time. Those without dark spots can be very valuable if they can be slabbed.

The only problem is I don't think they're worth slabbing unless they can go at least 67. This one's a little ways from that.