• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please show me some monster toned coins!

33 posts in this topic

Adrian...here is a pretty little 1884-CC Morgan I picked up at the FUN show yesterday..

Consignments133086.jpg

Consignments133089.jpg

and here are some images from my gallery:

Gallery006.jpg

1884OGreen.jpg

1886Morgan.jpg

1896NGCMS633152174-002OBV.jpg

1896NGCMS633152174-002REV.jpg

Consignment14022.jpg

Consignments35148.jpg

Consignments35151.jpg

Consignments35154.jpg

Consignments35155.jpg

Consignments35159.jpg

Consignments35162.jpg

FUN2011006.jpg

FUN2011016.jpg

NewProofs026.jpg

NewProofs027.jpg

Test051.jpg

Test054.jpg

Consignments80168.jpg

Consignments80170.jpg

Adrian, if that is you, welcome.

I am sorry that so far, no one has honored your request. I am on a plane about to take off, so can't help right now, either. But I do know not to bother with a non-monster, in the mean time.

Adrian, if that is you, welcome.

I am sorry that so far, no one has honored your request. I am on a plane about to take off, so can't help right now, either. But I do know not to bother with a non-monster, in the mean time.

Better?

:)

Binghamcincy.jpg

Wow....thanks and keep 'em coming!

1) By the way, how do coin dealers seem to be fairing nowadays? My suspicion are that they are hurting. I noticed that Coin World went from a weekly periodical to a monthly. (Newsweek just announced that they will no longer publish a printed version; it will now be only an internet magazine.)

2) Also, another observation is that is seems that the PCGS site has become close to a big zero. You could see the writing on the wall when they did away with the open forum and then started kicking all the brilliant minds off for political reasons and just left the addicts who were so proud of having 90 thousand posts on....it didn't seem too far fetched to predict that the modern in 70 only crowd would take over.

Do Peace Dollars receive some leniency?

1923 NGC MS63* Patriot Collection - The coin looks exactly like this in hand.

1923PeaceDollarCombined.jpg

1922 NGC MS63 - I admit this is a bit more controversial. The images have been juiced slightly (not by me), but the colors are a close estimation of their in hand appearance.

js125o.jpg

1958-D PCGS MS66 FBL - Some would call this a monster; I would not, but I thought it would possibly be worth posting.

3.jpg

Welcome back. Are you in the States again?

These I wouldn't call monsters, but they're not bad...

1833HC66BNobvHR017.jpg

1833HC66BNrevHR013.jpg

sc16MR.jpg

sc16MRrev.jpg

Here are some I would consider monsters...

scJeff44D2sm.jpg

scJeff44Drevsm.jpg

CappedBust29MS63.jpg

1960-PFrankobv_720.jpg

1960PFrankrev_822.jpg

1886AvatarObv021HR.jpg

scAvatarRev.jpg

Monroe.jpg

MonroeRev2.jpg

Welcome back Adrian. I remember a couple of years ago you had a short stint back with the "RealAnaconda" moniker. Hope you can stay around a little longer this time as I always found you quite interesting and entertaining.

To answer one of your questions, and maybe not so much to answer but to comment on, I don't believe the rare coin market is hurting any. I do on the other hand believe that all printed periodicals are in trouble, not just the coin related products.

All the best.

I believe that I have owned the Barber half that appears above.

Coin photography has really come a long way. I remember when I first started getting good at coin photography, there wasn't that much competition. Now, I would rank in the middle as to competency.

Too bad all the auction companies can't image their offerings as well as the photos represented here.