• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you remember your first coin ?

33 posts in this topic

My dad gave me a GSA 82 CC that he paid 15 bucks for back in the 1970's. Some F-VF late date Walkers and A LOT of foreign silver coins that he had accumulated from his dad since he was a boy.

Yes was my 10th birthday and my grandmother gave me some morgans and peace dollars. I will try to find the phonto's and post them this weekend.

I got interested in coins a couple years ago after looking through some coins my wife inherited from her father. He had about 130 Morgans and Peace dollars I examined. Found a 1889CC in this bunch. Been hooked ever since. First coin I bought was a whopper. 1893S Morgan in vf25. Thought if I kept it for 20 years or so I might make a few bucks on it. Mostly I got interested in cents after that. Indians and Lincolns. Also picked up some different varieties of half cents and early cents. Having fun with that.