• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poorly organized...

36 posts in this topic

Keep in mind also, the advice you are being given is forsaking any kind of sentimental value to the coins. I have a number of Ike dollars that are worth nothing more than face value, but I refuse to cash them in as they were given to me by special people in my life.

Might there be a local coin club near you? It sounds as though you are having quite a bit of stress with coins and a local club would give you the opportunity to speak with folks who have collected for a while and they could give you insight and show you their systems.

I've been looking for a suitable holder for 1/2 dimes, but I see many are just dime size. What do you guys recommend for small cents/dimes? Right now, they're just in flips, but they tend to slide out. Thanks!

moneyhoney,

Since your Eisenhower dollars came from customers (instead of from the mint in special packaging), it's highly likely that none of them will fetch a premium.

You should gather them all and deposit them in the bank ASAP.

Just to clarify what hes saying by depositing them in the bank, he is not saying store them in a safety deposit box, but rather to effectively spend them, at a bank, because they are worth face value only. Looks for 40% silver first of course but any clad is premiumless.

I have a 3 ring binder not just for coins, but for papers. What I am really looking for are "sheets" with the pockets allowing visibility of the coin from both sides as well as protection for the coins. From what I have seen so far on jpcorner are the entire albums which isnt what I really want but they do have some good products. I will also post this under a new topic to see how many replies I can get on what is the best. Let me hear from you asap :)