• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This coin looks a bit odd

18 posts in this topic

You would think in that condition it would be slabbed if it was legit

It could have very well been in a slab, but a 'Details' slab indicating a problem coin, so it would actually be worth more to sell as raw than correctly graded.

Hard to say what's going on here with those images, why such a brown hue over the entire surface?

I don't know I just have a bad feeling about this coin. The date bothers me especially that "fat" 3. The general style of the digits is right for this year, and the overall size of the date seems right, but the "puffy" look of each of the numerals is just screaming NO at me.

I don't know I just have a bad feeling about this coin. The date bothers me especially that "fat" 3. The general style of the digits is right for this year, and the overall size of the date seems right, but the "puffy" look of each of the numerals is just screaming NO at me.

I agree that the date looks off. Everything else looks right, just an AU+ details polished coin.

The shield on the reverse doesn't look like it's on the correct angle. It seems "flatter" than the one posted by Bill Jones.

Also, the branch the eagle's claws are grasping looks like it's slightly longer.