• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1988 'P' Transitional Reverse,...

19 posts in this topic

Greetings! I'm approximately 93.2% certain that I've found a specimen of the

1988 'P' Transitional Reverse variety.

My question is this: In the use of registered Die Markers in determining a specific coin's identity, is there a rule regarding the number of Markers needed to validate the specimen?

So far, this coin presents 4 locked and loaded matches to the die markers atributed to it at varietyvista.com. In this instance there are numerous others I've yet to locate. (I'm afraid the equipment I'm using is less than adequate for this task.)

Any opinions out there regarding the presence, or absence, of registered Die Gouges / Scratches in a case such as this?

As an add on to this topic, I can't seem to find a site listing approximate values for this coin. I do know that it is somewhat rarer than the 1988 'D'. Thanks.

Welcome PJ. Looks like you and brg just gave me something to do over Christmas wknd. Searching lincolns! lol

Ugh! Those little suckers give me headaches.

Chris

One good die marker is usually sufficient.

Of course, there can't be conflicting markers or inconsistencies either. If you have an early die state then most of the markers shouldf be there unless there's an evident reason that they aren't.

Oooops;....My most humble apologies, though both myself and the World Wide Web are unaware of any currency,... nickels, dimes, quarters, or even stamps and comic books, let alone rifles { sorry again, thought this was a coin site} that bear the designation of, "1988 'P' Transitional Reverse", it seems there are those here at this site who possess "secret knowledge" hidden from the real world. Alas, all you wizzards and alien hybrid geniuses,...so far as "1988 'P' Transitional Reverse" goes, - in the real world - there is only the Lincoln Memorial Cent.

I'm amazed that anyone so obviously bereft of knowledge on a given topic would respond at all, let alone in a public forum, comically attempting to affect an assumed pose of intelligence on a subject they know nothing about.

In the future, should I come across some other random article bearing this same designation, I will return to this site with all manner of calming, reassuring specifics as to its ink / print style or caliber. It was never my intention to befuddle or confuse anyone.

Not to worry though, I received a wealth of professionally stated relevant information at another site.

To cladking, cpm9ball, & bsshog40, my thanks for your interest and time.

Enjoy the season, and have a great New Year.

Are you through? you don't have a clue who you are insulting. not everybody has the same interests, but are willing to try to help. So somebody made a joke!!!!!! Behead them, maybe you are more suited to the other site. go away

Post some pictures!!!

CONECA's pictures leave much to be desired.

You are incorrect saying that the Philly coin is more rare than the Denver coin....The Denver coin is WAY WAY more scarce.

Depending on the condition of the Philly coin,it is worth between $40.00 and $150.00

The Denver coins never sell for less than $400.00

The 1988 (P+D) RDV-006 Reverse of 1989 coins are now known as FS-901

Match your coin at Wexler's site......much more detailed pictures here:

http://doubleddie.com/278722.html

Oooops;....My most humble apologies, though both myself and the World Wide Web are unaware of any currency,... nickels, dimes, quarters, or even stamps and comic books, let alone rifles { sorry again, thought this was a coin site} that bear the designation of, "1988 'P' Transitional Reverse", it seems there are those here at this site who possess "secret knowledge" hidden from the real world. Alas, all you wizzards and alien hybrid geniuses,...so far as "1988 'P' Transitional Reverse" goes, - in the real world - there is only the Lincoln Memorial Cent.

I'm amazed that anyone so obviously bereft of knowledge on a given topic would respond at all, let alone in a public forum, comically attempting to affect an assumed pose of intelligence on a subject they know nothing about.

In the future, should I come across some other random article bearing this same designation, I will return to this site with all manner of calming, reassuring specifics as to its ink / print style or caliber. It was never my intention to befuddle or confuse anyone.

Not to worry though, I received a wealth of professionally stated relevant information at another site.

What an amazing second post.

What an amazing second post.

He's a tool, he brlongs at the WC

...bereft of knowledge on a given topic...

I tried wearing one of those French Bereft hats long ago. It looked very strange so I went back to a Homburg or a Bowler when in London. Naturally, only a Deerstalker hat should be worn when hunting on the Scottish moor....

...bereft of knowledge on a given topic...

I tried wearing one of those French Bereft hats long ago. It looked very strange so I went back to a Homburg or a Bowler when in London. Naturally, only a Deerstalker hat should be worn when hunting on the Scottish moor....

I know all about those berefts, I have worn blue, maroon (airborne) and black, (army).......you can have them. would rather wear my pc (patrol cap) any day

A Deerstalker hat is good because when worn correctly, you have places to put your pipe and magnifying glass. When worn turned 90-degrees, I can pretend I'm a tall Napoleon Bonaparte with my hand in my jacket holding up my pants.

Most would envy your military berets, and the work to wear them. :)

your ds hat sounds good, a beret is made of wool, and they are lined, very hot and serve absolutely no purpose. originally they were intended to distinguish exemplary units, then the politically correct crowd that wants everybody to get trophies decided everybody in the army should have one. they are no longer special, and they serve no purpose. and my last point is they serve no purpose, my patrol cap has a pocket on the inside for a folded map and its camo.