• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first MS 69!

7 posts in this topic

Kind of sounds like a baby announcement and I guess in a way it is...

Cracked the MS 69 plateau for the first time. I go through lots of OBW rolls and mint sets looking for modern rarities to send in to NGC. A semi-cheap way to stay engaged with the hobby on a daily basis and have lots of fun grading coins, as I really enjoy the challenge of finding, self grading and then submitting coins for verification of my grading skills or lack thereof...

I generally don't buy the SMS sets, but recently, on Ebay, had an opportunity to get in a few 05-06 sets at a modest price and decided why not? I'd like to get rid of a few of my PCGS MS 69 FT Roosevelts so I'll give it a shot. Well, nothing spoke to me but a Lincoln Cent. I set it aside and went back to it and it was still speaking loudly to me! I'm not really a Lincoln collector but figured this coin was an MS 69 and behold NGC agreed.

Minor victory, as this coin is anything but rare, but it is an MS 69 and it gives me the encouragement to perhaps buy a few other SMS sets.

Hope you all have a great day!

Todd

12652.JPG

See more journals by TD Henson

Congratulations Todd! I look forward to the day when you post your first MS-69 FT Roosevelt Dime! I know those are rare and I guess I'm dreaming, but if you can't dream you can't cherry pick rolls and rolls of coins in search of that one gem.

Gary

Great Submission!!!

I spent a little time last weekend looking at Lincoln cents. After getting so use to looking at clad and silver coins I think you really need to adjust your eye viewing and thought to doing coppers. They are totally different or I just got some bum pennies.

Anyway----CONGRATS!!