• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post An Attractive...AT Coin

34 posts in this topic

I bought this coin raw and sold it raw on ebay. The person who purchased the coin submitted it to pcgs and it came back questionable color.

I offered to buy the coin back and he accepted. I may crack it out one day and send to NGC.

I edited the post to add some pre cert pics I found.

The pics in the album show the color better and the pics in the holder better represent the luster.

1916pcgs.jpg

DSCN6270.jpg

DSCN6295.jpg

Bob, That IKE is gorgeous! I guess since I inspired the thread, I should at least contribute. This crazy toned Kennedy came out of brown PCI holder IIRC.

KHD1965BUAT.jpg

Beautiful Kennedy. It reminds me of a toned set Toneddollars has. His set goes from 1964 to 1969 with the 1969 being on LSD.

Man Lance, that has to hurt. MPL's aren't exactly going for chump change.

I still love this coin even after it came back AT from NGC...I knew it was a long shot but it's just so wild I thought it might actually be real...I would imagine if I threw it up on Ebay it would still sell for good money even in the AT holder but I haven't been able to bring myself to sell it lol

Consignments75054.jpg

Consignments75052.jpg

I still love this coin even after it came back AT from NGC...I knew it was a long shot but it's just so wild I thought it might actually be real...I would imagine if I threw it up on Ebay it would still sell for good money even in the AT holder but I haven't been able to bring myself to sell it lol

Consignments75054.jpg

Consignments75052.jpg

Neat!

Okay, my turn to play. This coin was actually in a problem free PCGS holder but as more and more time went on, I became convinced that it was AT or at least questionable (reversing myself). I don't buy into the PCI holder theory on this one. For the record, I no longer own this:

SilverEagleTrueView.jpg

I don't have any, and I don't want any. And for the record, I don't find any of the coins in this thread attractive. Sorry.

Oh come on... This is actually a fun little exercise if you ask me. You've never seen an AT or QT coin that was even slightly attractive?

Okay, my turn to play. This coin was actually in a problem free PCGS holder but as more and more time went on, I became convinced that it was AT or at least questionable (reversing myself). I don't buy into the PCI holder theory on this one. For the record, I no longer own this:

SilverEagleTrueView.jpg

I buy into it, I have owned 7 of them all with the same toning pattern in PCI holders, all with the PCI label saying 100% white. IMO, they are not AT. I am not going to post them all, one should suffice. The only thing I think happened is that Phil turned up the saturation on that Truview photo.

ASE1999PCIMS676190OH.jpg

I don't have any, and I don't want any. And for the record, I don't find any of the coins in this thread attractive. Sorry.

With all due respect, you currently own the ONLY coin I have ever sent in and worried it would get the ole AT body bag. I breathed a sigh a relief when it got a grade and kept my perfect batting average in tact!

CHEERS! (thumbs u

Jon

CT the Peace dollar is raw. Technically it may even be NT, as I believe it came out of an album. However, the iridescent toning on the reverse is not a color associated with NT toned Peace dollars.

I buy into it, I have owned 7 of them all with the same toning pattern in PCI holders, all with the PCI label saying 100% white. IMO, they are not AT. I am not going to post them all, one should suffice. The only thing I think happened is that Phil turned up the saturation on that Truview photo.

There are other reasons why I said what I said that may not be apparent from the photos.

With all due respect, you currently own the ONLY coin I have ever sent in and worried it would get the ole AT body bag. I breathed a sigh a relief when it got a grade and kept my perfect batting average in tact!

CHEERS! (thumbs u

Jon

Which one is that? I would not buy a coin if I doubted the authenticity of its toning.

There might be some AT coins that are mildly eye appealing (such as the 1882 Morgan posted above), but many more are freakishly garish (such as that monstrosity Shane posted).

CHEERS! (thumbs u

Jon

I like your play on words... "in tact...".

Talk about having it both ways...

Good one-kudos.

This coin was deamed artificially toned by NGC (photo's by kryptonitecomics AKA Shane)

Nick

Consignments86147.jpg

Consignments86150.jpg

Man, that don't look AT to me.

Looks all-natural to me

OP