• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another year gone already...

6 posts in this topic

It's hard to believe that an entire year has passed since the last registry awards.

I wish you all lots of luck during the upcoming judging for this year's top accomplishments. One day perhaps I'll be in position to grab an award for a top set, I'm slowly working on my Roosevelt dime collections. The top slots in this set have quite a bit more expendable income than I have for coins. So, I have to be creative and work hard at getting top coins for my sets. Here's a big thank you to all that have helped me in the past year.

We, collectively, lost a great friend and collector when Todd Peters passed away last month. I still mourn the loss of a good friend that I could always talk coins.

I've been fairly successful adding some top grade/top pop Roosevelt dimes through my own submissions in the past year. I buy lots of raw dimes and send some of the very best to NGC and find that about 1 in 500 overall make the grade to set aside for further review and about 50-60% of these ultimately get culled out on the 2nd or 3rd run through before submission. I think my results were decent with 17 MS 67 FT, 2 MS 68's (1976-D & 2005) and 10 MS 68 FT coins so far this year. Eight of the MS 68 FT coins have become residents in my permanent collection, with the other two being doubles that have been sold.

I'm looking forward to what the next year brings for me and my collection. I have a 10 coin submission at NGC right now, which surprise are mostly Roosie's which will hopefully add to my overall totals.

Again good luck to you all as this year's awards wind down in the next 24 hours...

Todd

PS - Today's pic one of two 2004-P MS 68 FT dimes I was blessed with finding this year.

12513.JPG

See more journals by TD Henson

Todd, I also had some fun and a learning experience with grading at NGC this year. A success with a MS68 on my dime submission and sure to get MS68FTs next year. I have figured it out and sending in "67"state quarters for a final submission this year.

Here is to hoping next year is even better than this year!!!

I spent all day adding pics to my custom set on G G's Keepers page. What a long day!!!

CHEERS-----Rick

Another year, indeed! I have high hopes for my PF Presidents set, which I worked very hard on! I hop to work on my Roosie dimes as well, only I've been doing proofs instead of MS... ;)

Todd,

Many thanks to you for introducing me to the Collectors Society earlier this year. I've learned much and appreciate the friendship and time you devoted to my education. I enjoy your Journals and remain envious of all those great Roosies!

-Doug