• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hong Kong Bank Gold Bar

13 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone knew of a Hong Kong Gold Bar. It is marked 999.9 fine-one tael, 37.427g, Hong Kong Bank. There is a lions head at the top. I was wondering if first if they are real or counterfeit, then is there a premium on these? Theres chinese characters on the back, no serial number unless thats the chinese characters. Please let me know. I guess I can take it to a pawn store to have it checked.

I would be very suspicious if it is a bargain. The notation of 999.9 fine means nothing if you don't know what metal they are speaking of (which apparently isn't listed) ... could be silver, gold, or copper or steel finess.

That being said you may want to look at this website. click here

Have it checked. Personally, if they offered to buy it from me I would sell the thing in a New York minute.

nice link michael ... looks like a closer to what was described. I am a bit suprised it realized as much as it did at auction (or am I ?) as the others appear to be availble in the market for typical markup prices

nice link michael ... looks like a closer to what was described. I am a bit suprised it realized as much as it did at auction (or am I ?) as the others appear to be availble in the market for typical markup prices

glad it helps:)

and i dont know anything about these bars but this might be a good start

i dont think so but ngc grades many esoteric items that pcgs doesnot grade currently like civil war store cards and civil war tokens

you might call ngc and ask them