• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1925-p peace in new NGC holder, guess the grade

22 posts in this topic

Based on those images, 65+. The lamination under the motto holds it back from a 66.

The lamination is a mint-made error, and should not prevent a 66 grade.

That is a matter of some debate. For significant errors, I might tend to agree with you because that is part of the appeal and value of a coin. But for a minor lamination such as that one, that could easily be confused for a mark and tends to detract from the eye appeal and the value, I am going to deduct a grade for it. NGC tends to do the same.

well it is in a 65 holder, i thought it was the nicest 65 i have ever seen, and at $130 a good deal. I will wait and see in hand if it would possibly upgrade. the only serious mark is that lamination error on reverse, which i also thought was a mint error and did not affect grade.

I believe that minor mint errors definately affect the grade. Even if they should be over looked at times it is not possible to do.

Depending on the coin in hand this one may have been docked too much. Let us know how it looks when you recieve it.

Based on those images, 65+. The lamination under the motto holds it back from a 66.

That is a matter of some debate. For significant errors, I might tend to agree with you because that is part of the appeal and value of a coin. But for a minor lamination such as that one, that could easily be confused for a mark and tends to detract from the eye appeal and the value, I am going to deduct a grade for it. NGC tends to do the same.

I can see where one might find a minor lamination error to be detracting generally, but I think you are being too harsh given that the lamination is very small and it is not in a prime focal area.

I can see where one might find a minor lamination error to be detracting generally, but I think you are being too harsh given that the lamination is very small and it is not in a prime focal area.

Unless there are other problems not evident in the picture, NGC must have agreed with me, given the 65 grade. Without the lamination, it appears to be a very strong 66.

i don't think the luster is there for a 66 grade. plus way to much chatter on this coin.

I think the photographs and lighting are throwing you off. My interpretation of the images is that the coin will likely have plenty of luster in hand. Also, what chatter are you referring to?

hey,,, i was just noticing all the nicks and dings but not much in the fields just to much tone to get real far past gem. just my opinion thanks

What hits and dings?

hey,,, i was just noticing all the nicks and dings but not much in the fields just to much tone to get real far past gem. just my opinion thanks

What hits and dings?

First thought was 66 or better. Lamination cost a point, but I checked again for an illusive 66+ or 67 even. Coin looks like a winner to me.