• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newp for the 1795 Mint set

11 posts in this topic

Just added a 1795 Half Cent to my date set (minus gold). At this point I just need the draped bust dollar.

This is courtosey of Bozarth Numismatics who are so easy to deal with! I cannot recommend them highly enough.

I love the detail and clean surfaces on this coin. It would have graded higher if not for some rim weakness.

2yjvu43.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Ankur

1795 is sort of a "fore gotten year," and that is good for collectors because there are no "dead stoppers" in forming a year set. The 1794 has the silver dollar. The 1796, which is the "dream set" for many collectors, has the half cent, quarter, half dollar and quarter eagle. The rest of set is plenty tough too, even without the classic rarities. Congratulations upon getting this far.

I completed my 1795 year set a couple of years ago and displayed it at a winter FUN show.

This is courtosey of Bozarth Numismatics who are so easy to deal with! I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Vic Bozarth is a FANTASTIC dealer!!!! I'm glad you're doing business with him (and his nice wife, of course).

The Bozarths should be in the top echelon of anyone's list of dealers.

There was never a mint set but this would be part of it of there was.

Here is the reverse. The other think I love about the coin is how solid every aspect of the strike is. There is no weakness in detail anywhere.

ta4rk7.jpg