• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1977 WHAAAT? posted by The Wells Collection

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Added a second pop 1 to my collection

Today I would like to share with everyone the pic of my newest coin. Finally after 25 years of grading coins NGC has seen a 1977 nickel that is worthy of the PF70UC grade.

For what I paid for this coin I hope it stays a pop 1 for a very long time just like the 76 clad quarter has.

This coin comes from one of the most successful submitters out there datentype.

I asked NGC to review their points because this coin gets only 1381 points where an 82 gets 2079. There are many more years that somehow merit more points. They said they adjusted points and all I saw is they upped the 1977 PF69UC just 13 points. They changed something that has nothing to do with what I asked about.

I can only hope all the PCGS versions of this coin out there hasn't made them think that this coin is anything but rare.

Good luck to everyone in meeting or exceeding your collecting goals this holiday season!

See more journals by The Wells Collection

Yes, I do believe they take into count the number of PCGS coins graded. I have a couple top pop dimes with 150 points due to the fact that PCGS has graded at a level higher and gets over 1000 points for that level. I know NGC is stricter on their grades and I trust their opinion over PCGS (sliders). We wouldn't have as many point issues if the points were based on NGC coins only but then there would be a shortage of coins available to complete some hard sets if PCGS was not used.

Great new addition to your set there.