• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Numismatic Financial Corp.

17 posts in this topic

I have had repeated dealings with them. They attempt to find cool coins and set up at larger shows with their own tables. They have been easy to deal with in my experience.

I once bought an expensive coin from them on ebay. After I paid immediately via PP, I waited a week to get the shipping tracking number. When it did not arrive in that time I contacted them only to be told that 'oh, the coin is out for consideration with another buyer, so you will have to wait until the other buyer either returns it or buys it before we can ship or refund'. Yep nice folks, great to deal with, please, holding my money and sending a listed coin on ebay out to someone else? What were they thinking? Needless to say I walk right past their table at FUN each year. Nothing they sell can't be bought from someone who is not behaving in such an unethical manner. The right solution was to refund my money with an apology the instant they realized the coin was not in their inventory when I bought it, but instead they kept me hanging until I contacted them and then I had to subsequently threatened them to refund it or I would give them a negative. At least that worked.

Best, HT

HT, I think that if I was treated that way I would have been inclined to file a dispute and give them a negative anyway. I'm pretty easy going usually but I don't like getting jerked around like that. It's easy to make a mistake and forget to remove the listing from ebay after sending the coin out on approval, but once it sells you have to notice it's not in inventory and should immediately start letting the buyer know what's up.

I've only had one deal with them and that was an ebay purchase a few years back. Nice coin and easy deal. I did pay strong money and then the market fell so I'm underwater pretty well, but I have no plans to sell so it doesn't matter at this point.

HT, I think that if I was treated that way I would have been inclined to file a dispute and give them a negative anyway. I'm pretty easy going usually but I don't like getting jerked around like that. It's easy to make a mistake and forget to remove the listing from ebay after sending the coin out on approval, but once it sells you have to notice it's not in inventory and should immediately start letting the buyer know what's up.

I've only had one deal with them and that was an ebay purchase a few years back. Nice coin and easy deal. I did pay strong money and then the market fell so I'm underwater pretty well, but I have no plans to sell so it doesn't matter at this point.

RGT, naw a negative for one mistake given their track record would not have been helpful, hopefully this was a wake up call to not leverage ebay coins that way because you will turn off customers, and possibly they will be better at communication next time there is such an issue. The thing that got me was the lack of communication after the mistake was made. As you can see, everyone else has had no problems, so maybe this was a one time deal. Still it did turn me off and I won't do buisness with them again.

Best, HT

HT, as I said, I could understand the mistake of listing a coin while it is out for approval and I wouldn't neg someone for that. But like you I would not be happy with the lack of communication in the week that followed. Once it sold they had to realize the problem if they didn't already know. Waiting a week and then only after you initiated communication is not acceptable, to me.

I only bought a trade dollar from them years ago (8? 10?). It had a huge, fine scratch that looked like it was made with a compass. I returned it and they sent me a refund quickly.

As a follow up note, I found the same coin on eBay in a third-tier slab a few months later listed as "MS62".

Does anyone have familiarity with NFC Coins.com, located in Winter Springs, Fl.?

I was browsing their website; saw a few interesting coins; and would be interested in opinions/insights from anyone who may have conducted business with them.

Thanks.

I would strongly recommend NGC without hesitation. We do a considerable amount of business with them and they are fantastic people to work with.

Does anyone have familiarity with NFC Coins.com, located in Winter Springs, Fl.?

I was browsing their website; saw a few interesting coins; and would be interested in opinions/insights from anyone who may have conducted business with them.

Thanks.

I would strongly recommend NGC without hesitation. We do a considerable amount of business with them and they are fantastic people to work with.

I think you may mean NFC.

This is exactly the kind of thing that got me in trouble with a Navy Officer Board member, that has also responded to this OP.

Watch out-this Officer does not cut any slack for improper title designations.

I am just trying to help you, before the storm hits.

Just sayin....

Respectfully,

John Curlis

(PS: He fires up NCOs... so don't admit it if you are or were one)

Thanks.

I think you may mean NFC.

This is exactly the kind of thing that got me in trouble with a Navy Officer Board member, that has also responded to this OP.

Watch out-this Officer does not cut any slack for improper title designations.

I am just trying to help you, before the storm hits.

Just sayin....

Respectfully,

John Curlis

(PS: He fires up NCOs... so don't admit it if you are or were one)

Oops, yeah, NFC.

Uh, although we do a considerable amount of business with NGC as well :) !

Thank you, everyone, for your input.

I contacted NFC, and purchased the coin. The dealer provided a detailed description of the coin (positives and negatives), and answered all my questions.

The transaction went quite smoothly, and the coin arrived yesterday. It is exactly as described; a very nice example for the grade.

Thanks again!