• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goal Met! posted by VUMC409

10 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

For Now anyway.....

In the past two weeks I have achieved my personal goal of building a top five set of Lincoln (1959-date) Cents. This achievement was made possible, in the short term, by three individuals. I purchased a 1977 P MS67RD from fellow CS member Thane. I acquired my 1978 P MS67RD from Hunter's Gold. My 1986 P MS68RD and my 2012 D MS67RD both came via purchase from Mark DiLauro at datentype. Thank you all!

I began my set 7 years ago with the purchase of a 2005 P SMS MS69RD and with the help of many, many individuals it is what it is today. As I am sure most of us do, I over critique myself on the status of my set to the point of stupidity. Budget issues have always been an issue in buying my beloved Lincolns but I have always managed to buy most of the coins I want. Don't get me wrong, I've passed up my fair share.

Though not quite finished (only 78%) I am quite proud of what I have accomplished. This isn't the end either. There are more pristine Lincolns to be had. So I will continue working on my set to see where it takes me.

Here is a montage of the newest coins (minus the 1978 which hasn't arrived yet). Enjoy and thanks to all that have viewed my set!

Michael

12402.jpg

See more journals by VUMC409

Congratulations Michael this has been a long time coming for you. Your set is very impressive as it stands. The coins in your picture collage are well struck and attractive. All the best to you in your future numismatic endeavors.

Gary

Beautiful set and some beautiful coins. Three really nice coins, but the 86 is quite special and I can see why it received an MS 68 grade. Congrats on building a nice set.

Todd