• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heads or tails?

4 posts in this topic

So, I was making another attempt last night at imaging my coins. I still need more practice. :grin:

Anyhow, I noticed coins that I liked the look of the reverse better, and vice versa. Here's a few examples.

Here's a PF67 cameo. I like the obverse better on most Franklins.

franklin2012009.jpg

franklin2012013.jpg

This is a MS62 I like the looks of the reverse better on this coin.

goldandsilver1954coin003.jpg

goldandsilver1954coin015.jpg

So, do you prefer heads or tails on different coins?

ask Robec, TomB, etc what they use or their secrets. I can't even tell if the franky has cameo on the reverse!

+1

also, you need to find a way to take the pics with the coins tilted very lightly, in these pics the franklin looks oval.. but don't feel bad, still probably better than me lol

ask Robec, TomB, etc what they use or their secrets. I can't even tell if the franky has cameo on the reverse!

+1

also, you need to find a way to take the pics with the coins tilted very lightly, in these pics the franklin looks oval.. but don't feel bad, still probably better than me lol

If the coin is in plastic, you're actually best off not tilting the slab at all. To keep the entire surface of the coin in focus your camera lens should be completely perpendicular to the coin's surface (and so your digital camera's image sensor is completely parallel to the surface of the coin).

There are oodles of threads regarding coin photography....just do a search here.

Here is one example.