• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

millions of $'s worth of gold found in deceased man's home

11 posts in this topic

Yeah...kind of sad actually. Poor old guy living all alone and apparently based on the ammo and conspiracy books was a bit paranoid...

On the other hand perhaps he wasn't paranoid at all....the IRS is filling their pockets before any heirs get to touch it.... The poor guy is probably rolling in his grave.

It's a shame he died alone and his body not discovered for a month

after he passed away. Not having any daily contact with someone is

not a good idea.

The first cousin in California must be shocked right about now.

I imagine that the IRS share has to be inheritance taxes. Which is pretty high for anything above about $3 million or so. The cousin is going to be pretty happy though.....shocked...but happy.

jom

If I were the relative or lawyer trying to help the family I would work through a good tax lawyer like Dan Pilla, Jr (taxhelponline) and a good coin dealer like Northern Nevada coin (Allen Rowe). As Pilla is fond of saying "there is no such thing as a hopeless tax problem". http://taxhelponline.com/

Yes, I previously read that article. I feel sorry for the man as he was probably very lonely and paranoid at the same time. I'm very happy for the relation who will be getting all of the gold. Gee I bet she was totally shocked into a faint!